Sunday, December 10, 2006

Movie (re-)Reflection

I had a great time making "Chaucer: Undead in the 'Burbs" for our movie project. I'm really glad I was able to use open source software to put the film on the web; take advantage of the film capabilities of my Canon Power Shot; and store all my footage on my camera's memory card. As James knows, I made three films with my friends, two in high school. Making films in today's classroom is so much easier, and it is easier for students to have a real sense of audience for their films. My concern is that there is a discrepancy of comments about my film on YouTube. I really appreciate the comments that some of you have made, but I was hoping to get some non-506 comments as well. What is it about the YouTube audience that has caused this discrepancy? With virtually any topic available to view, perhaps the zombie Chaucer market has yet to explode. Maybe I need to change my film's tags? It may be that anyone can view videos, but people have to sign up to make comments. As of today there have been 126 views of my film, but only two comments.

No comments:



The Giants will go as far as Eli takes them.